|Missouri's sale tax holiday is Aug. 3 through 5|
|Friday, July 27, 2018|
Pattonville staff members are preparing to welcome students to a new year of classes on Aug. 16. For more information on back to school events and information, download Pattonville's Back to School newsletter. For those planning school supply shopping trips, the state of Missouri will observe its annual sales-tax holiday Aug. 3 through 5.
During this time period, certain back-to-school purchases, such as clothing, school supplies and computers, will be exempt from state sales tax. Eligible purchases may also be exempt from sales tax in some cities and counties that have also chosen to participate in the optional holiday. According to the Missouri Department of Revenue, the sales tax exemption is limited to:
• Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less
• School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
• Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less
• Personal computers – not to exceed $1,500
• Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $1,500
• Graphing Calculators - not to exceed $150
For more information on the sales-tax holiday, visit the Missouri Department of Revenue website. To obtain a copy of your child’s school supply list, visit your school’s website.