The following is information about Parkwood Elementary, it's staff and students. Find out why Pattonville is a great place to live and learn by looking through basic information and some of the achievements for which the district is noted.
Pattonville is fully accredited by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and has earned Missouri’s Distinction in Performance Award for academic performance - 11 consecutive years; Pattonville is the most diverse district in Missouri to achieve Distinction in Performance every year it has been bestowed.
Parkwood Elementary Statistics
• 2011-2012 enrollment (K-5): 316
• Number of staff: 24 certified, 17 support
• Ave. years of teaching experience: 13
• Staff with advanced degrees: 75%
• Parkwood hosted State Treasurer Clint Zweifel as he presented Missouri’s 529 College Savings Plan (MOST) to students, parents and media. He discussed the rising costs of a college education and wanted to raise awareness of the need to start saving early for college.
• Parkwood students and staff participated in a school-wide servicelearning project called Ornaments for Officers. Hundreds of ornaments were donated to support Backstoppers.
• Parkwood students and staff celebrated a year of positive behaviors with a school-wide event. Students had interactive stations that included a bounce house, dunking booth, a “Minute to Win-It” station and dance party. The day ended with a kickball game pitting staff against fifth-graders.
• Parkwood received a $1,500 from St. Louis County Department of Health for a Resourceful Schools Recycling Grant. The purpose of this grant is to increase Single Stream recycling in school.
• 5,528 students enrolled in Grades K-12 in 2010-2011 school year
• 169 students were served by Pattonville’s school-based preschool program and the Pattonville Learning Center preschool
• Average elementary class size is 20 (18 in kindergarten); class sizes remain at or better than the state’s desirable standards
• 95% average daily attendance
• 7% in Grades K-12 receive gifted education services
• 15% receive special education services
• 43% of students qualify for free or reduced lunches
• Our students are a reflection of St. Louis’ global society: 57% white, 32% black, 7% Hispanic, 5% Asian
Click here to download the Pattonville Points of Pride newsletter.
Click here to download the Patonville School District Annual Report.